Friday, October 23, 2009

Collection of thoughts

This is going to be a random post because there are so many little things to say.

-You prepay for electricity here by buying a code sold by "Cash Power." The first time I heard someone say they needed more cash power, I thought we were off to exchange money.

-It's currently 6:12 pm and pitch black. The sun sets every day all year by 6:15. One minute it's bright, then next it's black.

- I continously have new bites on my legs and can't figure out why. I've always had more than my fair share of scrapes and scars on my legs, but it's a new record here. It doesn't help that I think I scratch in my sleep when I'm stressed.

-You can buy bagels and tortillas here that are very tasty. Cream cheese however is $7 for the smallest carton.

-The school just formed two soccer teams. Makes it feel more like home to have high school sports to root for.

-Culture shock does hit after a month.

-I am totally used to sleeping under a mosquito net.

-I am not used to the extreme disparity of wealth: mansions directly next to concrete walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment