Thursday, September 3, 2009

Home #3

Well, it’s been a busy week since the last post. (I started writing this post on Monday, the day that internet got set up. But clearly, things got busy again.) We have since moved two houses and will eventually move two more times when we settle in after the rest of my family arrives. It has just absolutely been a whirlwind of activity. It feels like we’ve been here a month, but it’s only been 10 days. Crazy. All last week was orientation activities with the rest of the staff, which was absolutely great. We got to go on a excursion to a small lake, which I’ll post a picture of soon. As could be expected, we were very involved with scheduling. It was a great way to help get settled with the school.

Today is Thursday, the 3rd day of school. It has been going very well and it’s wonderful to see the kids we have been preparing for and thinking about all summer. It’s great to put names and faces together. God truly is blessing my prep time and even in the middle of class to sense his direction. I hope this feeling continues the whole time.

Our classes are right next to each other, which is wonderful. The school is a great brick building, with two areas of campus, one for elementary and one for secondary. It's up on top of a hill, so there's a great view of the whole city. I don't think we can say enough about the administration - they are amazing and wonderful and better than we ever dreamed. We love working with the Headmaster, Trevor Maxwell, and think he's doing an amazing job guiding the school through transition. But seriously, everyone who is there at the school wants to be there and is willing to work hard to make everything come together. It's truly a great work environment.

Keep praying for us - we can feel prayers and God sustaining us in this hectic time. I don't quite have all my textbooks yet, so that makes things a little interesting. But it's such a neat feeling to see God provide for us in the midst of everything. The classes I do have books for are going well and I'm enjoying creating lesson plans. I am definitely enjoying teaching and am so thankful for classrooms and desks! Our class sizes are amazing - I don't have more than 14 right now and Levi doesn't have more than 10!

Thank you for your love and support. We miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment