Sunday, November 29, 2009

the short story: alive, amazed, and thankful

What an adventure. We survived 28 hours in a bus to raft 12 rapids on the Nile River, 4 of them Class V. It was a beautiful 30 km (18.6 miles) down the river that was lush and green and lovely. We have so much to be thankful for about transportation, safety, accommodations, navigators, etc. I don't think the details of the trip itself could have gone more smoothly than it did. We even got to eat creamy, delicious ice cream. The Nile itself was just breathtaking. I will be getting photos from the others soon and will write the long version later. Thank you for your prayers. Please join us in thanking God for his abundant provision.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. I love you both so much and am thankful you made it back. In addition, as we went around the table this year, I said I was thankful for the interent that allowed met to keep up with / pray for the people I love halfway aroumd the world. :) Miss you both and love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete